Project Hubbard: 9-Disc Box Set
BOX-SET VERSION - FOR OTHER OPTIONS, GO TO THIS PAGE
** note: product isn't signed, the signature in the photo is from our sample copy in the office **
Every Hubbard fan needs this set before it runs out. It's the ultimate 9-disc Rob Hubbard retrospective!
- 16 amazing new Rob Hubbard SIDs (CD and SID!)
- Rob's only remix CD (wit Marcel Donné)
- Amazing insight into Rob's musical development and career with two archive discs of mostly unique material, never heard before.
- Five amazing remix albums from top remixers: featuring TDK, Uncle and the Bacon, Fastloaders, Matt Gray, Marcel Donné, Instant Remedy, Barry Leitch and more.
- Lovely collectible slipcase
- Digital bonuses galore, like a complete HQ set of stereo recordings of all Rob's music tracks in HVSC
What you get:
1/9 Rob Returns
We actually got Rob Hubbard back to programming SID! This was a major achievement only made possible because of the enthusiastic reaction to the Kickstarter. 15 year-old you is squealing right now!
Here's what you will enjoy:
- Lakers vs Celtics - an unused tune for the game of the same now in SID. Triumphant!
- Pygmies Revenge - a tune that sits happily in the Zoids/Spellbound mould
- Casio (7 Inch Mix) - Synth Sample III tune #1 as it was originally conceived
- Mr Meaner - a blues-y romp
- Radio Ace - the legendary magazine cover tape tune, only ever partially heard (this will also be in the project in its original form in full)
- Go Go Dash - composed for Hull College's free mobile game of the same name, available at all good app stores. Shades of Shockway Rider, Speedball and even a little hint of Commando.
- Off the Cuff - an uplifting high score tune with an insanely hummable melody
- Lionheart - bouncy and funky.
- After 8 - Chilled and relaxing, but also musically sophisticated. Rob's musical playfulness is on full display here.
- Don't Step On My Wire - a funky synth tune composed by Rob in the 1980s, and the first tune put together by Jason and Rob for the Kickstarter. As used in the "Rob's Life" game.
- Pacific - a SID rendition of "Pacific Coast Highway" from "Road Rash 2", one of Rob's favourite of his Megadrive tunes.
- Sun Never Shines - another Rob 1980s synth piece that perhaps becomes even more emotional in SID form.
- Rikky - a SID rendition of a soaring piece written for a Kickstarter than never delivered
- Task Force - a tune could easily be a lost Dragon's Lair II theme, and which was one of the stand-out tunes in Rob's "Work Opera", recorded with Steve Daggett in the 80s. Backers of Project Hubbard will also be able to hear this amazing recording in full (imagine Rob H. running round the studio tweaking knobs and flicking switches in real-time).
- Casio 12" mix, with rocking solo.
- The Rock Tells the Tale - the musical tale of an ancient rock, and the tales it could tell of history if it could speak. A SID to listen to over and over and still find something new, and the first SID Rob programmed for the project in his text editor.
2/9 "Hubbard '80" - Rob's only remix album (with Marcel Donné)
In an alternate reality sometime in 1978, an up-and-coming synth wizard called Rob Hubbard went to the NAMM in Chicago. There, he met a studio engineer called Marcel Donné.
Deciding to work together, they produced an electronic album using a menagerie of the most up-to-date synths such as the Korg KR-55, Korg MS-20, Sequential Circuits Prophet 5, ARP-2600, Korg PS-3200, ARP Odyssey and the Korg PE-1000 and many others, all of which are now vintage.
This album was called "Hubbard '80" and was released in... well, 1980.
As an experimental album it was well reviewed but passed most people by.
But, Rob went on to be a pioneering video game musician on the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amiga, PC, 3DO and many others, and found his previous work a great resource for coping with the massive workload he took on.
As part of our much bigger "Project Hubbard", we present that album in its 40th anniversary remastered edition, with the tracks renamed to reflect the games they later appeared in.
CD cover was created by Thomas Finnerup. The music is "Bump Set Spike" from the album.
- The Last V8
- Human Race #1
- Braking Hard (Indy 500)
- 688 Attack Sub
- Bump Set Spike
- Final Synth Sample
- Knucklebusters Intro
- Knight Tyme
- Trans-Atlantic Balloon Challenge
- Gerry The Germ
- Crazy Comets
Also available on vinyl and even very limited edition cassette!
3/9 The Rob Hubbard Archive - Pre-SID
Rob's composing career extends back into the 1970s. In the late '70s/early '80s Rob acquired a reel-to-reel tape recorder and bought classic synths. What you get on this album is the audio recovered from those reel-to-reel tapes.
- Casio ('82)
- Don't Step On My Wire ('83)
- O:ld Demo with Piano Chords and Moog (early '80s)
- Sun Never Shines ('82)
- French Dream (late '70s)
- Mr Meaner (late '70s)
- Task Force ('82)
- Little Dripper (late '70s)
- One Man and his Droid ('83)
- Early Demo Tune ('82)
- The Lionheart (late '70s)
- Chimera ('82)
- Formula One Simulator ('83)
- Phantoms of the Asteroid ('82)
- After 8 (late '70s)
- Old Synth Suite - The Curse Part 1 (late '70s)
- Old Synth Suite - The Curse Part 2 (late '70s)
- Old Synth Suite - The Curse Part 3 (late '70s)
4/9 The Rob Hubbard Archive - Post-SID
Rob's career was a lot more varied than SID fans might realise. This album mostly covers Rob's time at EA with some re-engineerings/re-orchestrations of classic and lost EA tracks mostly using Rob's original programming. Two Megadrive tracks are presented with unique post-production to sound glorious.
- Final Synth Sample
- Knight Tyme (Czech Studio Orchestra)
- Saboteur 2
- Pygmies Revenge
- Paint 3 Award Theme
- Radio Ace
- Sega Disco
- Lakers vs Celtics Title
- Lakers vs Celtics Unused
- Lakers vs Celtics Half-time
- Lakers vs Celtics End
- Centurion: Defender of Rome
- Indy 500 - Braking Hard
- Ski or Die
- John Madden Football High Score (Remastered Megadrive OST)
- Low Blow
- Road Rash: Pacific Coast (Remastered Megadrive OST)
- Holmes - Anna P2
- Holmes - Equestrian
- Shockwave: Operation Jumpgate 3DO Intro
- Shockwave: Operation Jumpgate 3DO Credits
- Shockwave: Operation Jumpgate 3DO Endgame
- John Madden Football 3DO Half-Time
- John Madden Football 3DO End Game Part 1
- John Madden Football 3DO End Game Part 2
- John Madden Football 3DO Credits
- PGA Tour Golf 96 Piano Theme
- PGA Tour Golf 96 Main Theme
- PGA Tour Golf 96 Menu
- Era of Eidolon
- Era of Eidolon Village Theme
- Romance Theme
5/9 Escape from New Rob
Mark Knight's scintillating journey through a John Carpenter-style dystopic soundscape using Rob Hubbard's C64 soundtracks as a base. 43 minutes of extended Carpenter-y goodness:
- Nemesis the Warlock
- Delta In-Game
6/9 Rob and the Bacon
Uncle and the Bacon strike again with the following tracks in their signature Big Band style:
- Crazy Comets
- Sanxion Title (Romeo and Juliet)
- Train Robbers (Final Synth Sample 2)
- Star Paws
- Delta Title
- International Karate
- Auf Wiedersehen Monty
- Monty on the Run
- Monty on the Run High Score
7/9 Rock Hubbard
11 track album of rocking Hubbard remixes:
- Skate or Die
- International Karate
- Dragon's Zoids
- One Man and his Droid
- Ace II
- Saboteur II
- Arcade Classics
Here's a sample medley.
8/9 Robdez-Vous - Special Edition
An extended version of this amazing "Rob Hubbard music as Jarre" CD with all new ambient material from Marcel expertly linking them.
9/9 Hubbard Remixed
An album which will feature the following artists/tracks when the combined Kickstarter total/C64Audio.com total reaches a certain amount and triggers a "stretch goal". We have achieved six tracks so far:
- Barry Leitch - Spellbound
- Johan Andersson - Dragon's Lair II River Caves
- Jason Page - Crazy Thrust
- daXX - Delta
- Mordi - Nemesis the Warlock
- Instant Remedy - The Last V8
- Sidman - Skate or Rob
- Matt Gray - Sanxion (from Reformation 1)
- Matt Gray - One Man and his Droid (from Reformation 2)
- Matt Gray - Commando (from Reformation 2)
- Matt Gray - The Last V8 (new remix)
- Matt Gray - Thrust (new remix)
- Matt Gray - Zoids (new remix)
Here's a preview of "Commando".
Additional items in Project Hubbard Deluxe
- "RobTracker", Jason Page and Rob Hubbard's music editor for Windows
- D64/ZIP of the SIDs in Rob Returns
- SID Effects Project Hubbard: HQ dual SID recordings of all of Rob's subtunes and sound effects from Chris Whillock. (downloadable immediately)
Exhaustive Rob Hubbard digital bonus archive covering his whole career (in development)