Rob Returns (digital album MP3/FLAC)
We actually got Rob Hubbard back to programming SID! This was a major achievement only made possible because of the enthusiastic reaction to the Kickstarter. 15 year-old you is squealing right now!
This is also available on CD and in digital form (with extra SIDs!) as part of the Project Hubbard box-set.
Here's what you will enjoy:
- Lakers vs Celtics - an unused tune for the game of the same now in SID. Triumphant!
- Pygmies Revenge - a tune that sits happily in the Zoids/Spellbound mould
- Casio (7 Inch Mix) - Synth Sample III tune #1 as it was originally conceived
- Mr Meaner - a blues-y romp
- Radio Ace - the legendary magazine cover tape tune, only ever partially heard (this will also be in the project in its original form in full)
- Go Go Dash - composed for Hull College's free mobile game of the same name, available at all good app stores. Shades of Shockway Rider, Speedball and even a little hint of Commando.
- Off the Cuff - an uplifting high score tune with an insanely hummable melody
- Lionheart - bouncy and funky.
- After 8 - Chilled and relaxing, but also musically sophisticated. Rob's musical playfulness is on full display here.
- Don't Step On My Wire - a funky synth tune composed by Rob in the 1980s, and the first tune put together by Jason and Rob for the Kickstarter. As used in the "Rob's Life" game.
- Pacific - a SID rendition of "Pacific Coast Highway" from "Road Rash 2", one of Rob's favourite of his Megadrive tunes.
- Sun Never Shines - another Rob 1980s synth piece that perhaps becomes even more emotional in SID form.
- Rikky - a SID rendition of a soaring piece written for a Kickstarter than never delivered
- Task Force - a tune could easily be a lost Dragon's Lair II theme, and which was one of the stand-out tunes in Rob's "Work Opera", recorded with Steve Daggett in the 80s. Backers of Project Hubbard will also be able to hear this amazing recording in full (imagine Rob H. running round the studio tweaking knobs and flicking switches in real-time).
- Casio 12" mix, with rocking solo.
- The Rock Tells the Tale - the musical tale of an ancient rock, and the tales it could tell of history if it could speak. A SID to listen to over and over and still find something new, and the first SID Rob programmed for the project in his text editor.
Plus, bonus "Era of Eidolon" SID done by Rob and Jason after this album was released!